Thursday, December 17, 2009

Software Engineering: My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this Software Engineering course. It was by far the most intensive, time consuming and involved class that I have taken so far. It required a lot of sacrifices in my personal life and other classes, however, it would not of been possible to do if I didn't get myself head deep in it. I enjoyed learning all the tools to make the process of developing software efficient and productive.

I found the group work most enjoyable because it's a lot more fun to see things get brought together quicker. I also liked the group aspect when everyone gets really involved and motivates each other. Of the three projects we worked on, I felt that wattdepot was the most enjoyable because it didn't have much of a user interface design aspect to it. Design to me is subjective and when you pour time and effort into something you think and everyone else agrees is great, someone is bound to not like it.

I am looking forward to Software Engineering 2 where we will be building one system the entire semester. Hopefully this will be a more open environment where the developers can set their goals, specs and project, I feel this with some direction would produce the best learning environment because the developers must love what they are doing.

I'll see you in a few weeks,

Remy

0 comments:

Post a Comment